Learning disability clinic
Does your child face difficulty in reading or writing? Finds difficulty in memorizing things? Trouble following directions? Difficulty to stay focused on a task? Frequent complaints of not doing homework from school?
These may not be just ‘naughtiness’ or due to ‘age’ but genuinely an issue that requires medical attention. Learning disabilities are neurologically based processing disorders. They affect how a person receives and processes information.
Learning disabilities can affect the individual’s life in all aspects. It isn’t limited to only academic difficulties but affects the individual’s relationships with family, friends, issues at workplace and the person’s self- concept.
Some of the signs that can be observed in a child are:
- Difficulty reading or writing
- Difficulty in performing math
- Working at a slow pace
- Difficulty in focusing on a task
- Attention issues
- Trouble in memorizing things
- Difficulty in understanding abstract ideas
- Impairment in social skills
- Trouble in understanding directions
Learning disabilities is an ‘umbrella’ term that comprises of different specific disabilities as follows:
- Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
5. Language Processing Disorder
6. Non- Verbal Learning Disabilities
7. Visual Perceptual/Visual Motor Deficit
9. Executive functioning
Early intervention can have a major impact on the individual’s daily functioning. At Plexus, our well-trained team of neurologist, occupational therapist and speech- language pathologist perform various assessments and tests to detect the underlying problem and make customized treatment plans to suit the child’s needs and priorities.
Don’t put your child’s future at risk! Learn the signs and ask for help now!